Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A second thought and presidential hypocrisy


When asked about the Congressman Foley "boygate" issue, Presidential spokesperson Tony Snow replied:

"Look, I hate to tell you, but it's not always pretty up there on Capitol Hill and there have been other scandals as you know that have been more than simply naughty e-mails. You know look, again, I'll reiterate my point. I think it's important to protect these kids and make sure that they have a good experience and like you, I want to find out what happened. But before we prosecute let's figure out what all the facts are. That's probably the most important thing to do is to be fair to all parties."

Unfortunately I only have this little blog to respond to Mr. Snow but if I were in a position to ask a follow up question to Snow's answer, this is what I would ask:

Tony let's imagine that the President's twin daughters are 15 years old. They are online and receiving instant messages from a fifty something year old woman (or if you prefer, a fifty something year old man). She is saying rather personal things to the President's daughters using words like "ass" and making inferences about masturbation and how she would like to see them doing such activity. With this knowledge in mind, do you think that the President would brush it aside as a "naughty email?"

I didn't think so. Let's get the Democrats in office in November and get these jackasses impeached asap.

Image by Max Beckman

No comments: