Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Market On Wednesday

  Good morning. It is 58 degrees and raining here in the Upper Hudson Valley. Rain is now expected right through the weekend, so much for a sunny week. Well today is the big day, the Knicks' season opener is tonight in MSG against the Bulls. I don't really expect a whole lot from the team this year as they are clearly in transition but my number one source of entertainment is back. I look forward to sitting on the couch and playing my guitar, yelling at the players as they fumble through it all, and occasionally roaring in approval. Now we're talking.

  At 9:00 a.m. ET futures are flat and the price of oil per barrel is up. The market is poised to open in the flat to slightly higher area.

  Today the Fed is expected to announce the end of quantitative easing. This is a big deal and I have no idea how this will all shake out. One thing we do know is that it will shake out. The possibilities are endless and my curiosity about it all is high. Stay tuned.

CNN: Stocks: 6 things to know before the open
The Fed is expected to announce the conclusion of its massive stimulus program this afternoon.

No comments: