Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Market On Wednesday

  Good morning. It is 26 degrees and cloudy here in Upstate NY. The logos keep promising warmer temperatures in the future. Meanwhile it's still cold, what else is there to say. Everyone I talk with mentions the same thing about how this Winter has taken it's toll, we are weary of the cold. Here's my prediction - no Spring, just a jump to strong heat.

  At 8:45 a.m. ET futures are moderately higher and the price of oil per barrel is up. The market is poised to open higher.

  Investors are examining several IPOs and tech companies on this fine cold morning. Who could have imagined that the game that people irritatingly keep asking you to play on Facebook, is so highly valued. I am not interested in computer games. Admittedly I have played Scrabble and chess, I guess that's my level. On the other hand I do use the computer for entertainment, so yes there is hypocrisy. Are my pixels any more qualitatively better than the other guy's. I think not.

CNN: Stocks: Tech companies take center stage
Shares in King, maker of the popular online game Candy Crush Saga, begin trading after its initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange was priced at $22.50 a share, raising nearly $500 million and valuing the company at about $7.6 billion.

No comments: