Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Akin Clarification

The linked NYT article is fascinating. I have extracted a very salient segment. Here is the GOTP thinking and I must say, it blows my mind:

- a woman is raped, and that's maybe a problem however...
- if the woman becomes pregnant from the rape then that is a cause for celebration because GOD has bestowed upon that woman the "gift" of a child.

If you do a minor examination of the logic here, it turns into a rapist is beneficial because he helps to bestow on the raped woman the gift of life. A rapist is God's life bestowing messenger.

I do not want to live in the same country with these people. I want a two state solution - Red Conservative America and America.

NYT: G.O.P. Trying to Oust Akin From Race for Rape Remarks
Ms. Barnes echoed Mr. Akin’s statement that very few rapes resulted in pregnancy, adding that “at that point, if God has chosen to bless this person with a life, you don’t kill it.”

No comments: