Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Market On Tuesday

At 8:10 a.m. DOW futures are slightly up and the S&P is slightly down.

Data on retail sales in August is set to come out today. "Good" numbers will indicate that you are back out there lightly spending like there's no tomorrow.

Since I got to bed at 3:30 a.m., really, I am barely conscious. I spent all of last night from 8:00 a.m. Monday to 3:00 a.m. Tuesday in the emergency room. My right leg from the knee down looks like a salami. It sounds tasty but its completely freaking me out. Somehow or other I sprained my knee, in the process its likely I broke a few blood vessels and this is causing amazing discoloration of my leg. They did an ultra sound to see if I had a blood clot and the results were negative. They also did blood work and that too came back fine. This whole thing started over a week ago when my knee was swollen. I finally caved to seek out help and when they said it might be a clot, this was before the final verdict, then I got a little scared. But I'm happy to say I'm fine, I think.

The final advice was to rest the leg and seek out more help if it gets worse. This morning it seemed a little better.

The hospital environment is different as you know. Its not the greatest place to go to, but we are happy and lucky to have it.

This getting old stuff....

Reuters: Stock futures flat ahead of retail sales, PPI data
The U.S. Commerce Department is to release August retail sales, with economists polled by Reuters expecting a 2.0 percent rise compared with a 0.1 percent fall in July.

"Investors are definitely looking for the beginnings of some strength there, given the back to school season and some clues as to what Christmas might be like..."

No comments: