Search This Blog

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Windsmith

Obama is really pushing alternative energies to oil and gas. This makes up a large part of his stimulus package. Consequently this developing business sector is creating new jobs.

A windsmith is someone who climbs the very high wind turbines to maintain them.

McClatchy: Wind farms provide energy - and work
"This is the best job I ever had," Perales said earlier this week as he strapped on a climbing harness to demonstrate his tower-scaling equipment.

Perales had experienced working at heights during his housing construction jobs, but nothing like this.

"I never even heard of a windsmith," he said.

3 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

How many jobs does this form of energy really create? Not many. Green jobs are a "liberal" myth. One construction project for a major building greates more jobs then this whole Industry right now. I have a buddy that installs solar panels , he agrees with me on this and laughs every time the Dems. use the term. It's as he says just a nice sounding political slogan, like "clean coal" ( a total oxymoron). Doesn't stop O or Biden or the rest of them from saying it though. I guess the best you can say is it's wishful thinking in a time when many are more worried about eating daily. Hmmmm..lets see should I eat this month or buy the solar hot water heater? Doh!

Jim Sande said...

Its true. We are putting a huge magnifying glass on a little thing. I still prefer this myth to the neocon victory in Iraq myth.

Glynn Kalara said...

I agree, still it's delusional thinking and another myth. My HE3/Fusion idea makes more sense, but we don't have 3 Trillion to pull that one off any time soon either.