Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Back


For reasons which I cannot explain, Google had seen fit to not allow me to blog early this morning. I am happy to see that the essential problem is at least temporarily rectified.

You see I actually had written a detailed post about how Bush's last minute rule to allow for concealed firearms in our national parks had been struck down by a federal judge. That post bit the copy and paste dust void.

I was trying to get at what I perceived to be the crux of the problem approaching it from opposing sides of the issue.

One side is that America is violent and we need to be able to defend ourselves. So some people probably feel compelled to carry a gun for these reasons.

On the other hand, if there were no guns maybe people wouldn't shoot each other.

I still essentially believe that this was a kiss ass NRA gift from great leader and I'm happy to see it struck down. Anything that Bush did that gets struck down is fine with me.

3 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

It's true as they say guns don't kill people, people do. However, guns sure make it a lot easier for people to kill each other and nobody ever tries to counter that argument.

Jim Sande said...

Guns are horrible but unfortunately a lot of equally horrible people have them, dangerous people. To get them to relinquish their guns we need to go back to square one and that is not happening in our lifetime or the next ten lifetimes.

Glynn Kalara said...

I'm not a big gun guy. However, I've had guns pointed at me twice and both times I was lucky enough to see it coming and had my own gun to point back. Both, the guys that assaulted me went to jail on gun charges , but I almost ended up shot in one of the episodes ...not by the robbers, but by the police! I own a ( licensed) gun today and I make damn sure it's kept clean.