Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Biking

Biking is a great way to get around. If you are physically able, you can bike to work especially if you live 3 to 10 miles from your job. Closer than that then walk.

When you bike you tend to learn the side road routes. I bike to a job in one particular town avoiding the main four lane road which has no room for a bike, and I take the side roads where there is hardly any traffic.

If you bike 3 to 10 miles in one direction, you are getting that aerobic workout that is good for the heart. Also you have to be alert when you bike and that's a good thing. The brain is attentive and sharp.

You really need a helmet, its mandatory. I used to bike without a helmet and have a one week stay in the hospital war story. The helmet would have helped, no question about it.

99.99 percent of the time I am in complete disagreement with the President. However the man bikes, so somewhere in there lies a soul that has potential.

I do drive but I save on gas with biking. Around here premium is up to $3.39. I figure I bike about 3,000 miles a year. Let's say my vehicle gets 20 mpg's. 3,000 divided by 20 is 150. 150 times $3.39 is $508.50. That's cool.

No comments: