Search This Blog

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Gaming

  I feel fortunate in that I completely missed out on this particular addiction. Video games and all that hold zero interest for me. However, I do have a bit of an interest in playing online chess.

The Telegraph: Gaming addiction set to be recognized as a mental health disorder
Notable traits include patients prioritizing gaming over "life interests and daily activities and continuation or escalation of gaming despite the occurrence of negative consequences".

2 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

I liked a few video games back when computers were still a novelty, not a necessity as they are today. Now I have no interest in them or in computers in general . The novelty has worn off and now I see these things as nothing more then a bag of tools I use when necessary and leave alone when not. I get most of my news now from my phone.

Jim Sande said...

i spend too much time online looking at information. I'm trying to cut back a bit. I am similarly a bit tired of it. That's when I actually make changes, the shiny new car smell has to wear off.