Search This Blog

Monday, April 13, 2015

The Market On Monday

  Good morning. It is 49 degrees and hazy sunny here in the Upper Hudson Valley. Like yesterday it looks like we are in for another day in the 70s. I hope you had a good refreshing weekend. I did, lots of good walking, good food, relaxing. You know you can do things, all kinds of things like work, practice this and that, even go about your life, with either a sense of stress and hardness and traditional American overworking or you can do things with a sense of ease and joy perhaps, maybe even smiling while you do it. We get this idea that we have to work so hard in a joyless way, I say screw that. If you want to be happy go about your life with ease and do the things that make you forget that it's work. Enough preaching - sorry. I'm talking to myself here.

  At 8:45 a.m. ET futures are moderately lower and the price of oil per barrel is up. The market is poised to open lower.

  I have to say I'm somewhat surprised by the price of oil lately. It's been floating in the $49 to $52 range for about a week. That number is much greater than what I expected and where it probably will go. I think oil is still going to dive further, certainly I could be wrong but with Iran entering the global oil market - one word, oversupply.

CNN: Stocks: 4 things to know before the open
Crude futures are pushing higher Monday, up by about 1.5% to trade around $52 per barrel.

Oil prices have been volatile over the past week as traders consider how much excess supply could come onto the market if world powers drop their sanctions on Iran.

2 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

Summer driving season is the reason is all I can see. The markets are betting people are going to take that long car vacation because the prices will allow for it.

Jim Sande said...

That is a reasonable assumption and no doubt the lower gas prices already have people planning road trips.