Search This Blog

Monday, November 10, 2014

The Market On Monday

  Good morning. It is 42 degrees and hazy sunny here in the Upper Hudson Valley. A sunny day is expected. My weekend travels took me on interstate 787 which runs past the Port Of Albany. Man, that area is now jam packed with oil train cars from the Bakken reserve. I was quite shocked to see the transformation from just a short time ago when I went by it the last time. All I can say is I'm glad that I live many miles from those trains because if and may this never ever happen, but if there was an accident down there of any significance, I think the bottom half of Albany will go up in flames. That part of Albany is now unrecognizable. That part of Albany is inhabited by poor inner city people, and that is how it works in this country.

  At 8:45 a.m. ET futures are higher and the price of oil per barrel is up now just below $80 per barrel. The market is poised to open higher.

  And why would there not be happiness on Wall Street. With the GOP regaining complete power in Washington, EPA regulations, health regulations, big bank restrictions, and big oil restrictions are off the table.

CNN: Stocks: 4 things to know before the open
...if the positive sentiment continues we'll probably see new record highs today.

No comments: