Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2011

The Market On Black Friday

Good morning and welcome to Black Friday. This should be a national day to not buy anything. Instead people are trampling over each other and in some cases trampling to death, in order to get a good deal on a TV. TVs are oppressive too, its not like they are going after something that will truly make life decent. Enough proselytizing from me because on Thursday I ran the local 5K Turkey Trot. I did. I ran it in 25 minutes 13 seconds. Not bad for my first race in 30 years. All I saw ahead of me was a sea of young bodies with colored hair not gray hair. I may have found my next major interest, 5K races. I truly had a blast, it was pure fun from start to finish.

At 8:30 a.m. est DOW futures are moderately down, the dollar is up, and oil is down. Mix in a holiday shortened day and the volatile type of trading that occurs when trade volume is low because investors are resting in Acapulco and the world loses half a trillion in asset values in a 3.5 hour span.

Different day, same story except the story is getting uglier and darker. By now it should be clear that the E.U. is an economic mess. All I can say is this thing has not hit bottom yet, not by any means. The irony is that we have all been wondering if the US would sink into another technical recession and it started to appear that it would not just yet, and bam, now the rest of the world is possibly sinking into a global recession.

CNN: Stocks: Europe remains in focus
"...The market's going to continue to press the will of the EU leaders until they come up with a solid solution."


U.S. markets will close at 1 p.m. Friday due to the Thanksgiving holiday.


Oil for January delivery slipped $1.93 to $95.91 a barrel.

No comments: