Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nikkei Opens Higher On Friday

Beer-gate has come and gone. Only Obama drank a Bud Light. Me, I like Guiness and I drink maybe 4 bottles per year. Beer is just a little too good.

What is going on in world markets? I am very surprised by the rallying activity and I still don't trust it. The S&P is almost at 1,000. That's amazing.

Could I be suffering from post-recession trauma.
...economic data sparked fresh optimism that the recession may be bottoming out.

The number of U.S. workers staying on jobless rolls fell to the lowest in three months last week, government data showed, while the four-week moving average for new claims dropped by 8,250, to 559,000 -- the lowest level since late January. source
Reuters: Nikkei hits 10-month high, exporters gain on yen

No comments: