Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Market On Wednesday

  Good morning. It is a cool 49 degrees, it's windy, and it's sunny here in the Upper Hudson Valley. I woke up last night in the deep part of the morning around 3 a.m. and the wind was ripping. I'm thinking there are some limbs and maybe even some trees down in this area. Tonight is the last David Letterman appearance. Certainly we will miss him and as we know everything always changes, nothing stay permanent. I'm usually in bed and sleeping by the time the show goes on so I've pretty much missed most of his work. But what I've seen over the many years, I really liked. Another American popular icon heads off into the sunset. We wish him the best and I do so appreciate his liberal leanings.

  At 8:45 a.m. ET futures are slightly higher and the price of oil per barrel is slightly up now trading just above $58 a barrel for light crude. The market is poised to open higher.

  There is a lot of activity this morning surrounding retail company quarterly reports and companies like Yahoo and Alibaba. For my money, hehe, I believe a report from the Fed will have a lot of pull on investors' thinking this afternoon.

CNN: Stocks: 5 things to know before the open
The Federal Reserve will publish the minutes from its latest policy meeting at 2 p.m. ET.

No comments: