Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

  Good morning. At 8 a.m. on Memorial Day it is 48 degrees and very sunny. Last night the temperature dipped into the 30s yet the forecast has it going into the 90s by the end of the week. That, is a swing. I hope you are enjoying the holiday celebrated for our soldiers who in my mind exhibit a level of bravery that is extraordinary. Our hats off to all of them and we hope our government can do a little bit better in terms of getting vets the medical treatment and support that any one vet needs. Right now the government is getting low marks in that area.

  Wall Street is closed today. Wall Street watchers like myself are wondering where everything is headed with the indexes at or near all time record highs. Many of us are expecting a reversal sooner than later. There are even a set of people speculating that the DOW has a lot more room to grow. As always it's very easy to find experts who will predict a financial meltdown or amazing levels of growth in the market literally at any point, day, or time. Today for example, European markets are on the rise, go figure.

  I will be working today both outside the house and later today on this old house. I am re-inspired to get back to work on this old house after a very blue and lengthy winter took away my mojo for such endeavors. I'm doing a lot of guitar playing lately in preparation for some dates with my ensemble. Yoga has truly helped with my conditioning for music. I can't explain it but the sense of flow is good possibly better than ever.

  I hope you enjoy the holiday and thank you for supporting the sight.

CBS News: Memorial Day: An evolved observance of America's fallen heroes

No comments: