Search This Blog

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Mulling It Over

Good morning and welcome to 2012. 2012 is a leap year, presidential election year, and its the year of the dragon.

I must confess that since I have learned of Richard Lainhart's passing, the celebratory aspect of the New Year has been quite muted for me.

Richard was about to turn 58, I will turn 58 this year. That's just too young, in my book it is. I don't exactly know the cause of his death but when I read complications from surgery, I get fuming.

Anyhow I had a restless night. Other peers of ours have passed away and it provokes the deep seated questions that we all face.

I'm fortunate in that I have an ongoing meditation practice that helps to calm the mind and sometimes also helps to shed some light on a tragic situation. Long story short that's what yours truly was up to in the wee hours of the morning. I just couldn't sleep.

Its going to be a strong year, that's for sure.

No comments: