Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Processed

 Washington Post: Melted, pounded, extruded: Why many ultra-processed foods are unhealthy - Industrial processing changes the structure of food. Experts say it can affect how much you eat and absorb, your weight and risk for chronic disease. By Anahad O’Connor and Aaron Steckelberg

This extreme processing creates foods that are so easily absorbed by the body that they’re essentially predigested. Many foods also are engineered to overcome our satiety mechanisms, which drives us to overeat and gain weight, experts say.


3 comments:

Mark said...

"...Many foods are engineered to overcome our satiety..."

Oh, so that's why it's easier to eat an entire bag of 'crispy crap' than a vegetable. At least I know it's not my fault.

Jim Sande said...

Are you keeping your svelte figure? I'm maintaining my high school weight.

Mark said...

Yes, HS weight is maintained, but noticeably different fat/muscle percentages. I choose to just call it 'age appropriate body".

'Youth is wasted on the young' cause NOW I could really appreciate what I was. Boundless energy, no pain, flexible, fast...

Bottom line, I suppose, is HOW DO WE FEEL?!!?!?