Search This Blog

Friday, September 20, 2019

Alarming Incoherence

Guardian UK: As a foreign reporter visiting the US I was stunned by Trump's press conference by Lenore Taylor - Despite being subjected to a daily diet of Trump headlines, I was unprepared for the president’s alarming incoherence
In most circumstances, presenting information in as intelligible a form as possible is what we are trained for. But the shock I felt hearing half an hour of unfiltered meanderings from the president of the United States made me wonder whether the editing does our readers a disservice.

I’ve read so many stories about his bluster and boasting and ill-founded attacks, I’ve listened to speeches and hours of analysis, and yet I was still taken back by just how disjointed and meandering the unedited president could sound.

No comments: