Search This Blog

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Saturday

Good morning. It is 67 degrees and a little cloudy this a.m. here in Upstate NY. Yours truly has a busy day, later this afternoon I'm performing music with my ensemble. I play guitar in this group and we perform European style jazz and cabaret music, it's all instrumental. This will be our first performance of the year and I'm a little bit anxious - little bit. We tend to only perform in the Summer. On top of that yours truly has a few music students and they will be giving their recital later this morning. So, I'm booked. I don't really know Paula Dean's work, she's created quite a stir for using racial slurs rather loosely. Here's an experiment - do NOT think of the word. That clearly doesn't work right, when we are told not to think about something it's an invitation to think about it. Well onward into my day here, preparations are in order.

No comments: