Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

The Shocking Life And Death Of Wendy O. Williams

 in the late 1970s, there was an ad in the Village Voice for the Plasmatics, they were seeking a bass player. I knew I could play the part and my roommate at the time was encouraging me to respond to the ad. I didn't, I was not into being the image they needed. I was unwilling to don the uniform required. If you watch this video you will be left with a very different view of W.O.W. Turns out she was an incredibly sensitive and fragile type of person with a persistent nagging feeling of not fitting in, being out of place in the world, something that is more common than we care to admit. The tragedy is she took her own life. The lesson here is to not be intimidated by appearances. Don't let somebody's clothing or hairdo or color or sexuality fool you. Underneath the appearance is just another person trying to figure it out, like all of us. There's no getting around this, there's no fooling it, even billionaires face it.

No comments: