Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Market On Tuesday

  Good morning. At 8:45 a.m. ET it is 63 degrees and sunny here in the Upper Hudson Valley. The forecast predicts a partly cloudy day with the temperature hitting the high 80s this afternoon. I read this morning that Trump is gaining on Clinton in the latest poll. I seriously need to figure out how to escape if Trump wins. What a disaster that would be.

  At 8:48 a.m. ET futures are moderately higher and the price of oil per barrel is up. The market is poised to open higher.

  It's a feel good kind of morning on Wall Street. Indexes are in record territory, there appears to be some calm over the Brexit for the time being, and Amazon is offering tons of stuff at reduced prices to its Prime members. That would not be me although I do use Amazon more than I care to admit. I like buying books and if I can get a cheap used book as opposed to the pricier new version that's fine with me. Enjoy the day.

CNN: Stocks: 5 things to know before the open by Alanna Petroff
Investors are also looking forward to hearing from the head of the Bank of England, Mark Carney. There are expectations that the central bank will cut interest rates on Thursday to support the U.K. economy as it prepares to leave the European Union.

No comments: