Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Characteristics

  Yesterday when I got home around 4:30 in the afternoon, I was completely shocked reading about this horrendous shooting in Texas.  I began to look through the articles and the reporting on various news sites. Eventually I got around to looking on Breitbart and they did report on the shooting. Then it was off to the comment section on the shooting, this is still Breitbart. The top comment was something like this, I paraphrase, "They (sic) probably sent him down there to turn the area blue." Interpreting this I get, Democrats or some 'deep state' democratic leaning entity deliberately sent a willing person into this elementary school to shoot children in order to change the political leanings of that district from GOP to Democrats, because as we know, Democrats want gun laws and Republicans want gun sanctuaries, places where guns grow on trees in paradise. 

  Initially I was pretty angry because right off the bat we've got a new conspiracy theory about the shooting, a theory that is harmful to put it politely. Expect to read about more of these conspiracies in the upcoming days, weeks,and months. Listening to an expert on conspiracy theories today, I came to recognize that people who lean towards the conspiracy world have what seems to run up to, and gets real close to a type of mental health issue.

Psychology Today: The Characteristics of the Conspiracist - Why conspiracy theorists’ need to feel unique. By Steven Caldwell Brown

No comments: