I listened to Zappa all the time when I was a teen. I have to be honest, right now, I'm not as connected to his work. Zappa is fighting the lack of awareness and depressing ignorance that makes people and institutions do miserable things, like pointless wars for example. I appreciate that, and he spoke to our generation as we were confused by our society and government. He also happened to be a unique composer who pushed the envelope and, he was also a very fine instrumentalist. It's a rare mix of talents.
Glad to hear that you also found him early. His speaking to our generation opened up for me the possibility that things were not quite as they appeared. I'm also not as connected as I once was, but hearing snippets now just feels as legit and fresh as it was then. Perhaps lack of awareness and depressing ignorance is always here. I think we know that's true...
"... a prune isn't really a vegetable, a cabbage is a vegetable..." https://youtu.be/YBVupMMBi7I?si=8ZLq8boPVff_4a_P
5 comments:
“It shouldn’t be there—industry keeps telling us it shouldn't be there—but it’s being measured...some substances start to migrate around 68°F... "
Wow, just wow.
Pablo, we're all at least 2% plastic at this point, and I mean that literally and not metaphorically.
This song captured my 14 year old consciousness and still resonates today.
https://youtu.be/bjw1ec_arf4?si=W51z_h14ssUdGaPH
We've been plastic people a long time...But yes, now it's literal.
I listened to Zappa all the time when I was a teen. I have to be honest, right now, I'm not as connected to his work. Zappa is fighting the lack of awareness and depressing ignorance that makes people and institutions do miserable things, like pointless wars for example. I appreciate that, and he spoke to our generation as we were confused by our society and government. He also happened to be a unique composer who pushed the envelope and, he was also a very fine instrumentalist. It's a rare mix of talents.
Glad to hear that you also found him early. His speaking to our generation opened up for me the possibility that things were not quite as they appeared.
I'm also not as connected as I once was, but hearing snippets now just feels as legit and fresh as it was then. Perhaps lack of awareness and depressing ignorance is always here. I think we know that's true...
"... a prune isn't really a vegetable, a cabbage is a vegetable..."
https://youtu.be/YBVupMMBi7I?si=8ZLq8boPVff_4a_P
Post a Comment