Food&Wine: What Is Tokyo-Style Pizza? Why You’re About to See It Everywhere in the US - From Tokyo institutions to Manhattan pop-ups, this pizza style is gaining a global following. by Caroline Shin
It sounds unique and delicious. But with proprietary flours and ovens, I don’t think we’ll see it in our neighborhoods anytime soon. Especially because it calls for “perfectionism characteristic of shokunin (craft mastery)”.
To me it's just a curiosity.
A curiosity? Are you curious enough to wait an hour outside Sake No Hana in the Bowery for a $45 individual serving pizza? I didn't think so.Seriously, there is an independent pizza place in Glens Falls that, in its own upstate NY way, practices shokunin. Do you remember Kosher Pizza on Washington Ave in Albany? https://timesmachine.nytimes.com/timesmachine/1978/03/27/110816565.html?pageNumber=26
Yes, I went in there often back in the day. Good food.
Post a Comment
4 comments:
It sounds unique and delicious. But with proprietary flours and ovens, I don’t think we’ll see it in our neighborhoods anytime soon. Especially because it calls for “perfectionism characteristic of shokunin (craft mastery)”.
To me it's just a curiosity.
A curiosity? Are you curious enough to wait an hour outside Sake No Hana in the Bowery for a $45 individual serving pizza? I didn't think so.
Seriously, there is an independent pizza place in Glens Falls that, in its own upstate NY way, practices shokunin.
Do you remember Kosher Pizza on Washington Ave in Albany?
https://timesmachine.nytimes.com/timesmachine/1978/03/27/110816565.html?pageNumber=26
Yes, I went in there often back in the day. Good food.
Post a Comment