Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The Market On Tuesday

  Good morning. It is 70 degrees and at the moment sunny here in the Upper Hudson Valley. The weather logo is pointing to rain today. I turned on 'All In With Chris Hayes' last night just to get a peak at what liberal media was discussing. Well you know it, Chris had on a Trump expert and the entire discussion was on Trump. Hey, if America wants Trump, America deserves Trump. How on Earth people can place their hopes and dreams on this guy is beyond my understanding.

  At 8:45 a.m. ET futures are amazing higher and the price of oil per barrel is up as well. The market is poised to open significantly higher.

  The big news was the decision by China to cut their interest rates. Is this the Chinese version of Q.E.? So what are we to make of this wildly volatile market. My guess is that the market is still indeed quite volatile and as I tend to err on the side of pessimism with the indexes I think the wild ride is not close to being over even though at least this morning, investors will get a breather.

Reuters: Stock futures rise sharply as China cuts interest rates
"I think it's too early to declare the worst is over," said Piotr Matys, an emerging markets expert at Rabobank in London. "The way I see it is that this is a bit of a technical correction after things got a bit oversold."

No comments: