Search This Blog

Saturday, February 08, 2014

Off To Another Planet Or See Ya Later Armageddon Maker

  Okay, I've heard several people say the same thing to me recently and I have to take it to task. People are telling me that humans have messed up the planet so badly that we have to somehow or other get humanity off onto another planet in order to continue as a species. Okay, let's think about this a second.
   Even if this were somehow possible to do at point 'a' in the future, who exactly do you think would go off to this other planet? I will tell you who will go off to this planet. It would be the same people who are presently intimately involved with messing up this planet. I mean I seriously doubt a group of Quakers from Idaho are going to band together and buy a spacecraft and send it off to planet 'x' where they promise to grow their own vegetables, live in huts, not make any cars, and just pray and think peaceful thoughts all day long, year after year. Nope, they are not going. Who would go would be corporate megabuck bigwigs because they could bank it and set the terms. And guess what happens on plant 'x'? The same, the exact same thing happens, the same exploitation and environmental degradation. What great spiritual leap would have also somehow magically occurred that gets people into another place without the baggage of humanity's greedy irresponsible flaws?
  Here is my point. It is imperative for us to get active now, right here. There's no magical solution, no other planet, no exploitation free zones.

  Recapping - get active now.

No comments: