Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Destroy


As I get older, and given what I personally have experienced and seen in this world, violent activity is repulsive.

Throwing in my own two cents, I believe violence is connected to arrogance. The more arrogant, the person is probably more violent. Its simple. Arrogant people don't care about how their activities affect others. Violence has the same basis. If people had the slightest modicum of empathy, I suspect violent behavior decreases. From my perspective, empathy is the measure of an individual's capacity to be fully human.

Live Science: Understanding the 10 Most Destructive Human Behaviors
Crave Violence

A study in 2008 concluded that humans seem to crave violence just like they do sex, food, or drugs. The study, reported in the journal Psychopharmacology, found that in mice, clusters of brain cells involved in other rewards are also behind their craving for violence. The researchers think the finding applies to human brains.

No comments: