Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dulse


A few years ago my chiropractor told me to eat seaweed regularly.

I was familiar with a few seaweeds, at one time in a past life I worked in a health food store.

To some it may sound incredible or unappetizing but I eat seaweed.

Specifically not any seaweed, but a few special varieties that I get at the health food store.

Dulse is edible and it tastes fine. Now my chiropractor told me to eat seaweed because it contains lots of trace minerals that are often not found in regular vegetables any more.

The reason why vegetables are lacking in trace minerals, according to my chiropractor, is that soil is depleted. Probably not all soil, and probably not all vegetables, but knowing how soil is not conserved to the highest standards, she may be right.

Here is part of my breakfast.

- 1/2 cup of steel cut oats
- Dulse, maybe two tablespoons, but its hard to measure as its dry and irregular in shape.
- one and an 1/8 cup of water.
- teaspoon of oil

-warm and coat the bottom of a small pot with the oil.
-throw in the oats and lightly saute' them
-throw in the dulse and water
-bring to a boil
-lower to a simmer
-put on the top
-cook for 20 minutes
-voila.

Dulse - high in iodine, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, and iron and few a other things.

No comments: