Search This Blog

Friday, October 05, 2007

Leif in the Fast Lane


"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his job depends on not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." George W Bush

I like to peruse the White House web site. Its always good for a laugh and some utterly and devastatingly horrible news. I wish I knew what power elite/monetary contribution/gross favor to be repaid/or other such thing caused this proclamation. Nevertheless - President Bush has declared that October 9, 2007 will be Leif Erikson Day.
"NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim October 9, 2007, as Leif Erikson Day. I call upon all Americans to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies, activities, and programs to honor our rich Nordic-American heritage."

OK folks, time to dust off the old winged helmet.

No comments: