Search This Blog

Friday, March 20, 2015

The Market On Friday

  Good morning. It is 24 degrees and cloudy here on the first day of Spring in the Upper Hudson Valley. Snow is expected later today. Well at least the light is back and sooner or later it will get warmer, I just know it. Yesterday I went to see a new dentist and let me say with conviction that not all dentists are the same. Find the best one out there for yourself and don't stop until you do. My previous dentist wanted me to get a crown on a front lower tooth and the new dentist bonded it in about 10 minutes, it looks and feels as good as new. The previous dentist had many positive qualities and I'm grateful for his help.

  At 8:30 a.m. ET futures are significantly higher and the price of oil is around $45 a barrel which is up from yesterday's opening price and down from overnight numbers. The market is poised to open higher.

  The article offers little reasoning for today's opening bounce. Let me simply say then that corporate earnings are above expectations and the general outlook on the American economy remains very positive.

CNN: Stocks: 3 things to know before the open
Shares in Nike are rising after investors welcomed their latest quarterly earnings.

No comments: