Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2015

The Market On Friday

  Good morning. It is a whopping 29 degrees and it is relatively sunny here in the Upper Hudson Valley. It looks like it's going to get pretty dang cold tonight. Well my day is starting off with a bang as one of my work duties is calling with an emergency. Friday is starting off with a bang.

  At 9:00 a.m. ET futures are modestly lower and the price of oil is up. The market is poised to open lower.

  Is it just me or does is seem like the world is going through a major conniption right now. The stock market is a mess as the price of oil attempts to find a point of stability. Add to this a new monetary floating of the Swiss currency and deflation in the eurozone. I must say though I do thank the Saudis for not flogging that blogger. Now this is why I am beginning to become less and less supportive of the notion of a moderate Muslim 'center'. I am doubting its existence. Flogging really, WTF?

CNN: Stocks: 4 things to know before the open
The Swiss stock market is still tumbling Friday, with the benchmark index off by more than 5% as investors consider the long-term implications of Switzerland's surprise decision to let its currency float freely instead of pinning it to the euro.

No comments: