Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2012

The Market On Friday

  Good morning, welcome to the weekend, and welcome to Winter - officially. It is 43 degrees and raining here in Upstate NY. I put on my LL Bean rain gear and went for my morning walk earlier in spite of the rain. My feet got soaked, but there is something comforting about taking off wet shoes and socks and putting on dry ones. So that is where I am at emotionally as it were, basking in the comfort of dry socks. I look forward to sleeping in on Saturday.

  As far as the market goes, we can make this very simple. Boehner's plan B went nowhere with the crazed Tea Party Congress, therefor we are going to go off the cliff. Investors do not like this one bit and so today the market is going to tank. DOW futures are presently down 160 points, so this could be messy.

CNN: Stocks set to fall as fiscal cliff looms
Lawmakers in the House failed to support the so-called "Plan B", a proposal backed by House Speaker John Boehner, late Thursday.

At 8:30 a.m. ET, the government will release data on personal income and spending, followed by a report on consumer sentiment at 10 a.m.

No comments: