Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

MLK Quotes


A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.

2 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

Nice painting! I'm taking a painting class. Its fun, my teacher reminds me of R.Crumb.

Jim Sande said...

I found the painting on the web. I love painting, have to get back to it at some point. Put some of your stuff up on your blog.